Monday, March 2, 2009

Introducing Haute Boudoir

I am lucky to get to do what I do, and I'm not the type of person to only do one thing, which some might say is a good or bad thing. I've got Milkmaid Press, Jubilee Photography, I just launched Pearl by Milkmaid Press, my luxury for less line on wedding invitations, and I'm happy to announce another little side project, Haute Boudoir Photography. I'm really excited about Haute Boudoir Photography because I think it is something every woman can appreciate, and men of course will absolutely LOVE!

With Haute Boudoir, I want to change the way people think of Boudoir Photography. It should be sexy, fun with a fine-art fashion edge. Looking through my favorite fashion magazines, I noticed that almost ALL female celebrity portraits were sexy-boudoir-esque. The outfits, the hair, the makeup, the poses. And that got me thinking. I love fashion photography, it's why I picked up a camera in the first place. Fashion photography is sexy and engaging fine art portraiture, when you think about it. And what woman wouldn't want to look and feel like a supermodel or famous star? For me, Haute Boudoir isn't about putting on a sexy negligee and prancing about a gaussian blur set; it's about empowering woman to love themselves and capture that sexy, sassy tude through my fine art portraiture. Every woman deserves to celebrate herself, and I doubt any husband or boyfriend would object.
One of my first shoots with the ever gorgeous Amy was SUCH a blast-we photographed for about an hour or two in her own bedroom, using mostly natural light, but I brought my studio's just in case. We had fun with wardrobe, and I am so lucky that my dear friend (and Amy's sister) Alison was there to assist me with hair and makeup, as well as making the shoot that much more fun! I never post or show images without getting the consent of my muse, but Amy was so delighted with her shots she said I could show anything I wanted to! Here are some of my favorites!

No comments: