Friday, January 23, 2009

Let the Sun Shine In


Yellow is a happy color, and for me, a color that reminds me of childhood. Yellow Schoolbuses, yellow #2 pencils, those yellow notepads, yellow falling leaves in Autumn, and mostly, the sun shining on me as I played outside without a care in the world. I remember picking buttercups and honeysuckle and the smell a warm summer day. Pastel and buttery yellow make me think of early Spring and Easter egg hunts with my Sunday School. I guess yellow brings out the kid in me. So come on, get happy, and let the yellow wash over you and brighten your day!









o

y































Images courtesy of Brides, Martha Stewart, Snippet and Ink, Anthropologie, Next Exit Photography, The Knot, Jose Villa, Tec Petaja, Country Living, J.Crew,EcoChic Weddings

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a bright and happy post! I really enjoy these color posts so much! This one is so pretty!

Kristen Nichols said...

Thanks Lisa-a few more color posts are still to come to finish out January-in February, I'm doing a series of posts focusing on beauty tips with my good friend and makeup guru Madeleine-stay tuned!

A Wedding Story said...

Oh how I love yellow! Great post :)