Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Birds Boxers


I discovered Birds Boxers through my husband, the company is owned by an old friend of his, and she gave him some boxers to try a while back. He swore that despite the $65 price tag for a single pair, they were the most comfortable things he'd ever worn. He used to do laundry just so his Birds Boxers were clean and he could slip into the sublime comfort of his favorite underpants. When I asked to wear them to sleep in, to see what all the fuss was about, he refused with a greedy glint in his eye, I guess afraid I might destroy his beloved boxers. About a week ago, he surprised me with a set of shared Birds Pajamas-He would wear the pants, and I would wear the men's top as an oversized nite shirt, a 2-for-1 at the cost of $240. At first, I couldn't imagine that the cost of these pajamas would be parallel to the comfort-I'm a cynical bargain gal, but I soon realized how mistaken I was. The silky cotton pajama top felt utterly luxurious that I immediately giggled with sleepish delight. I wanted to curl up and nap in the sweet comfort of the Birds Boxer Pajama top, and when I looked over at Nic with his Birds pajama pants, he had the same satisfied grin. I find myself doing the same thing as Nic with my pajama top-I wear it and immediately have to do laundry so it's clean again for me to wear. I've tried to wear other jammies to bed, but they just don't do the trick. A worn in luxe t-shirt, Victorias Secret pajamas, a Gap PJ top, Claire Pettibone nightgown, Wacoal Slip, and no, nothing compares to the blissful comfort of my Birds Pajama top.

If you are looking for a luxurious gift to give someone you relishes a good nights sleep, I suggest spluring on some Birds Boxers, believe me, they'll thank you.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow, they sound amazing, but I can't justify spending that much on PJs! I think I'd rather take the $200 and buy the silkiest, most comfortable sheets to sleep in... at least they last a week, and you can both share the luxury.

~ Jen